Monday, October 18, 2010

Indomie Mi Goreng Satay


Country of origin: Indonesia
Bought at: Super Oriental Market in Homewood, AL
Price: 59¢

Okay, so y'all know by now that I love Indomie noodles, but have you heard about the trouble they've gotten themselves into recently in Taiwan? Check out THIS article. Evidently Indomie has been using some preservatives, or too many preservatives that are banned in Taiwan. The food ministry there has since come out and said that the noodles are safe to eat and you guys all worry too damn much.A couple weeks back, though, they were yanking them off store shelves like expired baby aspirin. So to show my support for Indomie who makes a delicious bowl of instant noodles I'm reviewing a new (to me) one of their selections, Mi Goreng Satay. I've enjoyed both of the Mi Gorengs I've reviewed so far so let's get this train wreck a rollin'!

One thing I've always loved about these noodles is that you usually get a bunch o' seasoning packs and this one is no exception. You get FIVE packs of stuff as with the BBQ chicken noodles: soup base, chili powder, soy sauce, seasoning oil, and chili sauce.
I'm not going to post a picture of the finished product (pauses for gasps and shouts of "TRAITOR!" or similar) because it looks exactly like the other Mi Goreng noodles. The taste, though. Oh, the taste. These are so damn good. According to Wikipedia, Satay is basically a type of meat, could be steak, chicken, fish or tofu or what have you that's been grilled and put in some kind of sauce. It's popular in Indonesia, Singapore, and other Asian countries near there. That sounds really good so I'm sorry to say I've never had the real thing, but these noodles are really, really, really good. They have a pleasant meaty flavor with some sweetness from the seasoning and a good amount of heat from the chili powder. I'm going to cut the crap and give these a 10/10. Get some of these. They are just ridiculously good.

No comments:

Post a Comment